Texas New Mexico Power
Job ID: 6085969
Location: TNP, Pecos, TX
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Applications must be submitted by July 3, 2018
Department: West Texas Operations
Construction, maintenance and/or service related work as directed by supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs new overhead lines.
- Constructs new underground lines.
- Restores service and troubleshoots.
- Sets up service and maintains lines and apparatus.
- Re-conducts or converts existing lines.
- Ensures safe work conditions.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Trains personnel, plans jobs, and maintains records.
- Available to perform "on call" work as necessary.
- May serve either as dispatcher or switchman.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the principal duties, engage in the required physical and mental activities and to endure the environmental conditions set forth in this job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of electric utility industry practices and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with at least 7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, legally valid Commercial Driver's License and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with climbing poles, such as pushing, pulling, lifting and bending. Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 50 pounds and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Primarily outside construction work.
Pay Rate: $37.51 per hour
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/263prnx8h9dvpxf9