Texas New Mexico Power Job ID:
01/17/2018 Location: Full/Part Time: Regular/Temporary
Regular POSTING DEADLINE
Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2018.
This is a series post, the successful candidate will be hired based on education and experience.
Must live within 30 miles of Lewisville, Texas. JOB DESCRIPTION
Construction, maintenance and/or service related work as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs new overhead lines.
- Constructs new underground lines.
- Restores service and troubleshoot.
- Sets up service and maintain lines and apparatus.
- Re-conducts or converts existing lines.
- Ensures safe work conditions.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Trains personnel; plans jobs, and maintains records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the principal duties, engage in the required physical and mental activities and to endure the environmental conditions set forth in this job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of the electric utility industry practices and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two to three years (Energy Tech 1), or three to four years (Energy Tech 2), or four to five years (Energy Tech 3) of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a current, legally valid Commercial Driver's License and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10's and 100's using units of American money, weight measurement, volume and distance.
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with climbing poles, such as pushing, pulling, lifting and bending.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 50 pounds and pull up to 75 pounds.
Primarily outside construction work. SALARY RANGE
Energy Tech 1 Pay Rate: $22.88
Energy Tech 2 Pay Rate: $26.63
Energy Tech 3 Pay Rate: $28.51 DOT STATEMENT
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9gpkpptg9xvvz8yb