1. Must have a satisfactory work record.
2. Must have and maintain or be able to obtain within 180 days a valid Colorado Class A Commercial Driver's License.
3. Requires successful completion of the apprenticeship training program.
Eight (8) years of combined education and experience in electrical transmission line maintenance which would consist of:
a) the equivalent of technical training received in an associate degree program in electric utility maintenance with studies in transmission structures, aerial conductors/insulating assemblies and equipment usage. (i.e. aerial man lifts, hot sticks, climbing tools)
b) Six (6) years of practical experience and/or to be able to demonstrate knowledge in maintenance of electrical transmission lines as follows:
Two (2) years or the equivalent knowledge of electrical transmission tower/structure maintenance
Two (2) years of the equivalent knowledge of electrical transmission aerial conductor and insulator maintenance.
Two (2) years of the equivalent knowledge of usage of specialized Heavy equipment, line tools, etc. in performing live line maintenance.
4. Must successfully complete the Lineman Qualification test with a 75% or better score.
5. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining First Aid and CPR card within 6 months of hire and have the ability to perform First Aid and CPR.
6. Must be willing to accept overnight travel up to 75% of working time.
7.Must reside within 60 minutes response time of reporting location.
8. Must be willing and able to work extra and irregular hours as the utility needs may require, and willing to work under unusual or special working conditions; storms, extreme temperatures, winds, darkness, etc.
9. Must be willing and able to climb wooden or steel structures and work at various heights.
10. Must have the skills in the use and care of basic hand tools, power tools, and hot line tools.
(The Company reserves the right to change the minimum requirements at any time as business necessity requires.)
How to Apply
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance.
Please visit our careers site at: www.tristategt.org/careers/ for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer